1-to-1 Communication With Direct Reports – FLDP3
Frontline Leaders (or supervisors) are first level of leaders who lead or supervise a group of followers to achieve the operational level strategies of the organizations.
Communication is the lifeline of any organization. Effective Frontline Leaders or Supervisors, in helping their organization to succeed, knows the way to do this is to communicate effectively and help their direct reports to succeed through 1-to-1 meetings. Traditionally, employees looked to their leaders for direction, decision making and control. In today’s more fluid and less hierarchical working environment, this is not enough. To remain competitive, organization need to harness the creative and synergistic capacity of all their employees, not just the ones in leadership positions, through effective communication & feedbacks. One-to-one (1×1) communication is the means for Superiors to provide their direct reports with accurate information, guidance, insight and encouragement through frequent interactions in order to improve their work performance. It is designed to strengthen and enhance learning through a continual day-to-day process that goes beyond the once-a-year performance appraisal system.
This third module of Frontline Leadership skills-building training intends to equip you with the essential 1×1 communication skills that help you to focus your energy on helping your Direct Reports to improve their work performance and achieve organizational goals. The Key Actions in this module enable you to connect and align your people to accomplish your mission and goals for your team. This skill-building module is crucial for you to excel in a today’s frontline leadership or supervisory position.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to …
- Describe why 1×1 communication with Direct Reports is so important at the workplace.
- Make the appropriate distinction about what information to share in a 1×1 Vs Team settings.
- Identify, plan out Action Plans:
– Organizational goals & what you expect from them.
– 1×1 Effective Meetings model
– Action plan for conducting difficult conversations successfully.
- Practice Interactions Flow & Key Actions to communicate clearly:
– Set S.M.A.R.T goals with focus on Deliverables.
– Provide Positive Feedback
– Use E.A.R Model in giving feedback
– Use Attentive Listening Technique
- Practice conducting mock 1×1 Difficult Meetings:
– Re-Directing others
– Reprimanding others
- Identify possible pitfalls and Next-Step Actions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Section Heads, Senior Engineers, Senior Analysts, Senior Executives, Supervisors – – those whose job involves leading and/or supervising individuals or teams. It is also very suitable for those who want to prepare for a future managerial position.
**Note: This is a Blended eLearning (BeL) course that comes bundled with FREE 1-Week, 24×7 access to MyBE LMS resources.
*Click on the ‘Curriculum‘ tab to review through the course outline.
4.0 Hours of MyBE LMS resources (Video, Exercises, Quizzes, Case Studies, Assignments, etc), plus …
10.0 Hours of Remote Online Training (ROT) with Instructor via Zoom/Skype/Google Meet.
To register, please WhatsApp: +60-19-502 2718 or email us at email@example.com
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Middle Level Admin Program (MLAP)
- Language English
- Students 111
- Assessments Yes
• Revision on previous module skill-sets:
- o. Basic Principles of Frontline Leadership o. E.A.R Model for giving feedback o. Differences in Praising, Re-Directing & Reprimanding
Leadership Functions in 1x1 Communication
• Leader's role and responsibilities in conducting 1X1 Communication. • When and How often to have 1x1 communication session. • 1X1 Vs Team communication settings. • 'Being a Representative of Your Organization. • Identify & communicate clearly organizational goals and what you expect from them.
Essential Interactions Flow & Key Actions
• Set S.M.A.R.T goals and focus on deliverables. • Using the 'Sandwich' technique. • Practice: Using E.A.R model in your interactions. • Practice: Providing Positive Feedback. • Exercises: Action Planning - - Positive Feedback Worksheet.
Plan Out and Practice
• Differentiate between Re-Directing and Reprimanding. • Exercise: Action Planning - - Difficult 1x1 Worksheet. • Exercise: Practice Re-directing Others • Exercise: Practice Reprimanding Others.
Summary & Next-Step Action
• Evaluating this module lessons • Identifying Pitfalls • Exercise: Next-Step Actions.
Interactive Exercises In This Course
• Case studies & Group discussions. • Video & role-plays. • Quizzes. Pre- & Post-tests.