Delegating For Productivity & Growth – – FLDP7
Frontline Leaders (or supervisors) are first level of leaders who lead or supervise a group of followers to achieve the operational level strategies of the organizations.
Effective Leaders achieve positive results with people, and empowers them through delegation. Delegation is one of the most important skills in management. All Frontline Leaders know, if done well, delegation is a “Win-Win-Win” achievement for you, your subordinates and your organization. Delegating For Productivity & Growth frees management time to allow you to pursuit higher leverage tasks or higher priority goals. It also helps develops your subordinates, grooms successors, and retain employees. Successful delegation and empowerment also provides the organization with another level of backup of your people’s skill-sets. This is extremely important for strategic succession planning. Poor delegation, on the other hand, causes frustrations, de-motivates and confuses the other person, and often fails to achieve the goals or purposes.
Effective delegation for productivity and growth also make a significant difference to the motivation of the individuals and the team. The resilience of the team to cope with problems and opportunities is increased by the understanding and skills created by effective delegation and empowerment.
This seventh and final module of the Frontline Leadership skills-building training provides you with critical skills to delegate effectively, empowers your subordinates, and frees you more time to focus on other higher leverage goals. Use the critical Key Actions and the Planning Questions in this module to master your delegation skills.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to …
- Describe the importance & benefits of Delegating For Productivity & Growth.
- Recognize the leadership functions in delegating and empowering others.
- ‘Stewardship’ delegation Vs ‘Go-For’ delegation.
- 5-Step Stewardship Delegation Technique.
- Apply Essential Interaction Flow & Key Actions:
– Open by sharing clearly the Desired Results.
– Provide clear Guidelines and clarify mutual responsibility for results.
– Identify Resources that can be used to accomplish desired results.
– Set performance standards and agree on Accountability for it.
– Specify the Consequences of success and failures.
– Close by summarizing and confirming confidence.
- Practice 1×1 discussion for delegation.
- Identify possible pitfalls and Next-Step Actions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Section Heads, Senior Engineers, Senior Analysts, Senior Executives, Supervisors – – those whose job involves leading and/or supervising individuals or teams. It is also very suitable for those who want to prepare for a future managerial position.
**Note: This is a Blended eLearning (BeL) course that comes bundled with FREE 1-Week, 24×7 access to MyBE LMS resources.
*Click on the ‘Curriculum‘ tab to review through the course outline.
4.0 Hours of MyBE LMS resources (Video, Exercises, Quizzes, Case Studies, Assignments, etc), plus …
10.0 Hours of Remote Online Training (ROT) with Instructor via Zoom/Skype/Google Meet.
To register, please WhatsApp: +60-19-502 2718 or email us at email@example.com
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Middle Level Admin Program (MLAP)
- Language English
- Students 101
- Assessments Yes
• Revision on previous module skill-sets:
- o. Basic Principles of Frontline Leadership o. 1x1 Communication With Direct Reports
Leadership Functions in Delegating For Productivity & Growth
• Leader's role & responsibilities in delegating & empowering others. • 'Win-Win' Delegation for Growth. • When to delegate? • 'Stewardship Delegation' Vs 'Go-For' Delegation. • 5-Step Stewardship Delegation.
Essential Interactions Flow & Key Actions
• Open by identifying the Desired Results clearly. • Provide clear Guidelines and clarify mutual responsibility for results. • Identify Resources that can be used to accomplish desired results. • Set performance standards and agree on Accountability for it. • Specify the Consequences of success and failures. • Close by summarizing and confirming confidence.
Plan Out and Practice
• Exercise: Action Planning - - 5-Step Stewardship Delegation Worksheet. • Exercise: Practice delegating in 1x1 discussions • Exercise: Observer's Feedback.
Summary & Next-Step Action
• Evaluating this module lessons • Identifying Pitfalls • Exercise: Next-Step Actions.
Interactive Exercises In This Course
• Case studies & Group discussions. • Video & role-plays. • Quizzes. Pre- & Post-tests.